Our department has a long tradition of teaching psychological subjects to undergraduate and postgraduate students at Faculty of Education. All our courses are available in Czech and English and accessible to both full time and distant students. Our excellent staff consist of researchers, school psychologists, clinical psychologists and therapists who provide state of the art education for preschool teachers, class and subject teachers in primary as well as secondary schools.
You can find all our available courses HERE.
Based on the subject you choose to study you can meet various teachers from our department. Please feel free to find more about us HERE.
Most subjects for Erasmus students are currently taught by Dr. Tereza Škubalová and Dr. David Havelka who is an excellent clinical psychologist who works with children and youths at psychiatric department in Šternberk.
If you are an Erasmus student, your main contact at the department for the administrative purposes is Dr. Iva Žaloudíková.
We have a long lasting interest in the following topics (cooperation is welcomed):
- professional development of teachers and the development of teacher´s professional identity (Dr. Mareš, Dr. Lukas, Dr. Kohoutek)
- the school social climate and classroom climate (Dr. Mareš, Dr.Lukas)
- children pre-concepts of various phenomena (dr. Krása)
- moral distress in teachers (Dr. Mareš)
- self-harming behavior and suicide in adolescents (Dr. Fikarová)
- thematic apperception test (Dr. Fikarová)